In no particular order:
1. Today, I attended the Opus Painting Challenge (for the 2nd year) and it was a perfect weather kind of day. My friend Lindsay came with, and we spent the whole day painting in the sunshine!
2. When I opened the event booklet, I saw that they used a photo of my cousin and I laughing during last year's event! It's a great photo.
3. We made a beeline to the Opus (it's an art supply store) after registration because they had a sale on Qor watercolours for 20% off. Even more exciting, it was Buy Two, get a pack of three 5ml tubes for FREE! :O What's even MORE EXCITING, I got their very last box!! :O :O :O Watch the May 16th vlog to find out which colours I got ;)
4. I found the most beautiful moss I've ever seen. The little stems on this moss were COPPER. Shiny, metallic copper. How can such a thing exist? I am in love.
5. The moss and an old cottage inspired today's painting. I'm so happy and proud of it.
6. I saw a few new bugs and birds that I am unfamiliar with. Oh, and a heron!
7. At the end of the Opus Challenge, there is usually a random prize draw. All sorts of companies donate prizes to this thing, and I'm talking full size bundles of supplies. I'm talking entire sets of prismacolour markers. I'm talking light tables. I'm talking Pan Pastels. Sketchbook sets. Paintbrushes. Last year, my cousin and I, we neither placed in judging nor won a prize draw. But Lindsay won a set of Stabilo markers and a set of Stabilo pastel pencils! :O
8. And then I won a $100 gift card! :O WHAT SHOULD I GET OMG
9. I went home and had ice cream.
10. And the whole day started by waking up a bit too early, in the squishy middle part of the bed, in freshly washed sheets, and flanked on both sides by warm rumbly kitties.
A great day.
Hello! I'm Melissa, and here you'll find some behind-the-scenes footage of an artful life. Won't you join me?